YADDM - Yet Another Drop-Down Menu

אריה גלזר

Dec 15, 2009, 2:08:30 AM12/15/09
to mootool...@googlegroups.com
I've published this simple interface class.
  • it supplies a keyboard accessible (Tab/Shift+Tab browsing) drop-down menu functionality.
  • it supports multiple hierarchy.
  • since it is very basic it is also very customizable. by default it's hide/show effect is only via class but it allows the addition of hide/show effects via options.
  • it also has events attached to it.
this is obviously something that has been written tons of times but since i already had one written i thought i might as well publish it. maybe someone will find it useful.

Forge Link:
http://mootools.net/forge/p/yaddm
Demo:
http://arieh.github.com/YADDM/
tab a little to gain access to the menus that open.

a note - i've tested this on FF 3.5 and IE8.
-----------
אריה גלזר
052-5348-561
5561
Nothing selected

Aaron Newton

Dec 15, 2009, 6:11:54 PM12/15/09
to mootool...@googlegroups.com
keyboard support doesn't seem to work with safari...

Bruno Daniel

Dec 15, 2009, 6:30:45 PM12/15/09
to mootool...@googlegroups.com

Found a bug: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/121630/YADDM_bug.png

Browsers: I could reproduce the bug on FF3.5, Chrome3 and IE8

How to reproduce: Tab through the menus until you open Settings > Personal, then click outside to "blur()" the element. Tab again to open Add, then click outside to "blur()". Both dropdown menus will stay open until another interaction.

אריה גלזר

Dec 16, 2009, 2:05:56 AM12/16/09
to mootool...@googlegroups.com
fixed

-----------
אריה גלזר
052-5348-561
5561

Nothing selected

אריה גלזר

Dec 16, 2009, 2:07:11 AM12/16/09
to mootool...@googlegroups.com
i noticed, but this happens for all anchors on the page, not just he ones the class works with, so i figured the bug was at safary's end
-----------
אריה גלזר
052-5348-561
5561

Nothing selected

אריה גלזר

Dec 18, 2009, 4:33:19 AM12/18/09
On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 01:11, Aaron Newton <aa...@iminta.com> wrote:
keyboard support doesn't seem to work with safari...

I added this to the README - Safari does not support tab-anchor-browsing by default, and needs to have it enabled (through prefrences > advanced > enable tab ...)
The whole concept behind this class is to enable the expected browser menu behavior on menus, not to create an alternative one (which would also result in assigning keydown/up events to all the anchors on the page, and simulating a focus behavior, which is out of the scope of this class). This also means that aside from edge cases, this class will function with different key setting with ease. i am assuming a user who attempts to use his keyboard to navigate between anchors will have this functionality on when using safari.
Nothing selected